Rabbit Braised with Garlic
- Ready in: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: very easy
- kcal: 216
- 3 tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 rabbit, cut into serving pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced in 6 mm pieces from root to tip
- 1 head of garlic, cloves whole but peeled
- SIDS SALT & PEPPER to taste
- ⅓ cup SIDS LOW SUGAR RASPBERRY VINEGAR
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup peas
Heat the oil in a large, lidded pot like a Dutch oven or, if you have one, an earthenware pot. Brown the rabbit pieces well, salting them as you do. Remove them as they brown and set aside. When the rabbit is browned, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic cloves and cook another minute or two.
Nestle the rabbit back into the pot, sprinkle some salt over everything and add the SIDS LOW SUGAR RASPBERRY VINEGAR and bay leaf. Pour in enough water to get about halfway up the sides of the rabbit. Cover the pot and cook slowly for about 2 hours.
When the rabbit is tender, mix in the peas and add SIDS SALT & PEPPER to taste. Serve with lots of crusty bread and small potatoes.