- Ready in: 10 minutes
- Serves: 3
- Complexity: very easy
- kcal: 54
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded, cut in rounds
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 small red onions, cut in small cubes
- 5 tomatoes, cut in small cubes
- 1 cup of hot water with ½ tbsp of salt
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp SIDS CRAZY SALT
Place the onions in the hot water and swirl around for a minute to remove the strong onion flavour. Rinse out the water. Place tomatoes, chilli, onions and chopped coriander into a large serving bowl. Add the lime juice and SIDS CRAZY SALT then toss the mixture. Serve immediately.
The Swahili word 'Kachumbari' originated from the word Koshumbri or "Kachumber" in Sanskrit from India.