- Ready in: 4 hours 30 minutes plus overnight
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- kcal: 521
- 3 tbsp rice bran oil
- SIDS SALT & PEPPER to taste
- 500 g pork mince
- 500 g beef mince
- 500 g lamb mince
- ground cloves
- 1 tbsp SIDS HOT WORCESTER SAUCE
- ½ cup chicken livers, finely pureed
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- ½ cup red wine
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 kg whole peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 g butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 750 g pasta, cooked just before serving
- basil leaves & Parmesan cheese, for serving
Heat oil in a skillet with straight sides over high heat until almost smoking.
Season the ground meats with SIDS SALT & PEPPER and ground cloves. Add the pork, veal, lamb and cook, with no lumps, about 15 minutes.
Once meats are caramelized, add SIDS HOT WORCESTER SAUCE, chicken livers, sage, basil, chilli flakes, parsley and cook, stirring constantly, until just cooked through, about 2-4 minutes.
Add onion, celery, carrots and cook, stirring frequently. Add wine to the meats and bring to a boil over high heat. Allow to reduce until almost gone, about 15 minutes.
Add chicken stock, beef stock, bay leaf and tomatoes. Bring pot to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced to a thick, spoon-coating consistency, about 2 hours.
Add some butter and heavy cream. Bring to a boil and season with SIDS SALT & PEPPER to taste. Allow the sauce to cool, then refrigerate at least overnight.
For serving, heat amount needed in sauté pan and add some heavy cream, chicken stock and black pepper. Fold in basil, Parmesan cheese and parsley and serve with desired pasta. Garnish with torn basil leaves and grated Parmesan.