- Ready in: 50 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: very easy
- kcal: 512
- 300 g pork mince
- 300 g chicken livers, cleaned & coarse chopped
- 3 tbsp lard (or butter)
- 1 small onion, fine chopped
- 2 celery stalks, fine chopped
- 1 small orange capsicum, deseeded & fine chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded & fine chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup long grained rice, rinsed & drained
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 3 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp SIDS RINGS AROUND URANUS sauce
- SIDS SALT & PEPPER to taste
- small bunch parsley, fine chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C. Sauté pork mince in a non-stick frypan until browned (with no lumps) then add livers and cook until they are no longer pink.
Melt lard (or butter) in an oven dish with lid. Add onion, celery, capsicums and garlic then stir over a gentle heat for about 5 minutes until softened. Add pork and livers, mix well, then rice, stock, thyme, bay, SIDS RINGS AROUND URANUS SAUCE and bring to a simmer.
Cover and place in the oven for 20 minutes until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from oven, let sit 6 minutes. Remove bay, stir gently, season with SIDS SALT & PEPPER to taste, then serve.
Inspired by Lauraine Jacobs