Mushroom & Walnut Pâté
- Ready in: 40 minutes
- Serves: 12
- Complexity: very easy
- kcal: 267
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- ½ cup shallots, minced
- ½ cup butter
- 115 g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 115 g button mushrooms, chopped
- 115 g portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic purée
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp SIDS CRAZY SALT
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp EV olive oil
Preheat oven to 175oC. Spread walnuts in a single layer on an oven tray, sprinkle with SIDS CRAZY SALT and toast for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
In a large sauté pan, cook shallots in butter until translucent then add mushrooms, garlic, parsley thyme, salt, pepper & SIDS CRAZY SALT. Cook, stirring often, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Process toasted walnuts and olive oil in a blender until a thick paste is formed. Spoon in the mushroom mixture and blitz to the desired texture.
Pack into well oiled ramekins or bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.