Liberian Style Collard Greens
- Ready in: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: very easy
- kcal: 320
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 bunch collard greens, chopped
- 2 broccoli leaves, stalk removed
- ⅓ cup rice bran oil
- 3 cups water, plus more as needed
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp SIDS SMOKEY BBQ RUB
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp SIDS SALT & PEPPER
- 2 (170 g) fillets flounder
Place the bacon in a large deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate and crumble.
Heat collard greens, vegetable oil, water and chicken bouillon in a large pot over medium heat. Simmer until greens are wilted, about 10 minutes. Stir bacon, peanut butter, SIDS SMOKEY BBQ RUB, cayenne pepper, salt, SIDS SALT & PEPPER into pot then cover and simmer until greens are very tender and peanut butter begins to separate, about 1½ hours. Add more water if the mixture becomes too dry.
Stir flounder fillets into greens. Continue to cook until fish breaks down, about 30 minutes more, stirring frequently.